"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

Welcome to "Hope on the Horizon." This blog is created to be a resource that will help you become inspired, motivated, encouraged and transformed into the person God created you to be.

Sometimes in life when we look onto the horizon we may not have that clear, beautiful sunset staring back at us. Instead, we might have an image of hopelessness and despair. As a Military wife and mother of 4 children whose ages range from 2-17, I am familiar with the stresses life throws your way! My past horizons have not always been so bright. But they helped shape me into the woman I am today . Having survived being orphaned in the streets of Vietnam, domestic abuse, divorce , aftermath of abortion and even widowhood, I have learned to persevere and grab hold of my destiny, no matter what the cost! From these places of pain and trials, I have become a woman whose passion is to bring the gift of hope and encouragement to others through inspirational words, practical tips and advice.

No matter what your present horizon is, there is always hope for a better future. All things are possible when you allow yourself the opportunity to be all you were created to be. So, please come along for a journey where the destination is not always known but the trip itself is worth every bump in the road to get there.
Hope is just on the Horizon!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Small Steps- 2010

Well, here I am people taking a step of faith into God knows where for this NEW year 2010. I am HOPEFUL that it is a step into the right direction. One step is better then none, believe me, I have learned this the hard way. So many times, I have allowed myself not to step at all, but instead allowed myself to fear. Fear of failure, fear of judgment, fear of people, fear of myself! We all have been there at some point in our lives and have allowed that fear to control us. I know I have. But fear is not of God. For God did not give you a spirit of fear but of love , power and sound mind.(2 Timothy 1:7)

Having said that it is time to put power over that fear and begin to take small steps by faith. Faith of course being the substance of things not seen but yet hoped for.(Hebrews 11:1) This is what this blog for me is about. For a long time now I have struggled with moving in the direction God wanted me too. Again, because of the fear of the unknown. I, for one, am a perfectionist and HATE to fail at anything. Even to the point where I would rather just not try at all then to fail at trying. Not a good thing at all! Life is about taking chances and allowing God to use those opportunities as a learning curve or advancement. No matter what the choice is it is yours to make and will always be. Of course, God's heart is to see you become all HE created you to be, but He is by no means a God that will force you to do anything. Instead, He is a gracious, loving, patient God who will continually give you chance after chance to make your path your own, hoping though that eventually you will learn to allow Him to lead it. Ahhhh, yes, that trust issue, but we will save that for another day. Today is about taking a small step into a place you have always wanted to go but was afraid to until now. Hope is what will lead me there and I am praying it will lead you too. So, how many of you are willing to take this journey of hope and discovery with me? If you are willing to take a small step, then TODAY, write down some of those things you have hoped for for yourself and give them over to God, so He can give you the faith to act on them..... If you want to share what they might be, them blog away. Remember faith without works is dead, so a small step is required......

For me, it is merely using the gift of writing to help inspire, encourage and teach others about God. I know , I know, what is so scary about that? Well, if I knew the answer, I would have taken this journey a long time ago....But ALL that matters is that I just took a step today and it is by faith. God always blesses our faith and obedience.

What will be your small step of faith today?

3 comments:

  1. Ah Kimchi, this is a great blog! It will reach many people for the Lord through your beautiful and honest words.

    The thing I am giving over to God right now, at this moment in my life, is my giftings. My spiritual gifts are being refined and changed, taking me in new directions. Am I scared? You bet. Am I trusting Him? Absolutely! I am excited to see what is ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job and fantastic for stepping out in faith. we're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kimchi, I'm very excited for you!! Can't wait to read you on the blogosphere.

    Great picture--you and Anastasia are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete