"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

Welcome to "Hope on the Horizon." This blog is created to be a resource that will help you become inspired, motivated, encouraged and transformed into the person God created you to be.

Sometimes in life when we look onto the horizon we may not have that clear, beautiful sunset staring back at us. Instead, we might have an image of hopelessness and despair. As a Military wife and mother of 4 children whose ages range from 2-17, I am familiar with the stresses life throws your way! My past horizons have not always been so bright. But they helped shape me into the woman I am today . Having survived being orphaned in the streets of Vietnam, domestic abuse, divorce , aftermath of abortion and even widowhood, I have learned to persevere and grab hold of my destiny, no matter what the cost! From these places of pain and trials, I have become a woman whose passion is to bring the gift of hope and encouragement to others through inspirational words, practical tips and advice.

No matter what your present horizon is, there is always hope for a better future. All things are possible when you allow yourself the opportunity to be all you were created to be. So, please come along for a journey where the destination is not always known but the trip itself is worth every bump in the road to get there.
Hope is just on the Horizon!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hope and Infertility........By Christina Blow ..GUEST BLOGGER


Hope. My husband and I spent many years hoping for a child. I spent many days crying over negative tests. Being childless is a choice for some; for us it was the albatross. After years of waiting, doctors became extremely intimate with my body. Blood was drawn every other day, uncomfortable examinations marked half of each month, embarrassing procedures became routine. Our arms remained empty. We conceived, but those children were quickly born to heaven. I ached for the children we lost, I ached for any child. My husband was not open to adoption.

Our friends and family tried to support us. So often I heard, “There’s always next month.”, “We know you’ll have a child.” “Why don’t you JUST adopt” “Are you going to try again?”. I tried to smile through it, but I was angry with God. I felt isolated from almost anyone around me. It seemed like very few understood what I was feeling, or how to reach out to me. Why couldn’t people see that they can’t KNOW we’ll have a child? Only God knows! Adoption isn’t easy, and it wasn’t something we wanted. Next month? That won’t replace the child I lost before getting to know! Seeing a baby or a pregnant woman was like a knife shooting through me. Walking past baby and children’s clothes in a store could bring tears to my eyes. Hearing little voices in the background when a friend called stung my soul.

An on-line support group for Christian women with infertility and loss became my life-line. Through hannahsprayer.org I made friends, no, I met sisters in Christ, who understood. They cried with me, let me rant and rave, rejoiced. They understood what the fertility drugs were doing to my body and emotions. They understood how my heart ached.

In the midst of my pain I started reaching to God, begging Him to show me WHY this had to be so hard for us. WHY I felt so isolated. I did not like the answer He gave me, but it renewed my hope. As I read through the Bible I kept realizing that God made us to serve others. “Uhm, excuse me, God”, I thought, “I’m telling You I need more, not that I want You to give me more. This isn’t what I wanted to hear.”

I was not serving others at all. I had all kinds of excuses . . . from it hurts too much to I don’t know when my next doctor’s appointment is so I can’t commit. When serving finally won over something miraculous happened. God knew what I needed to hear. My wounds and anger started to heal. I started to connect with others and didn’t feel isolated. Insensitive comments didn’t hurt, they HELPED because I looked at the intention behind them.

Serving others wasn’t a huge commitment. Serving others just involved listening to their pain instead of focusing on my own. It meant remembering a prayer request, giving someone a hug when they looked like they needed one, giving a flower to a friend who was having a rough time. I’m not good at those things, they don’t come naturally to me. I’ve gotten better with practice, and I hope God teaches me how to truly lay my life down to serve others, to learn to humble myself. The hope we have is in Him and we find that hope and joy through Him. When you start following His call your troubles melt into something less; you become a part of something more.
.
Christina Blow:
Christina Blow likes sharing  her encouraging testimony with infertility and the hope she gained through the process. She is married to the man of her dreams and prayers. After being blessed with her husband, she has stayed home to care for him, her dog, their three cats and now their two rambunctious sons. Juggling the duties of a mother , kindergartner ,home-schooled preschooler keeps her time more than filled. She lives in Chagrin Falls, Ohio with her family.
hannahsprayer.org


1 comment:

  1. Christina, Thank-you for sharing your story.
    I am very happy to know that you have
    2 rambunctious sons!

    ReplyDelete