"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

Welcome to "Hope on the Horizon." This blog is created to be a resource that will help you become inspired, motivated, encouraged and transformed into the person God created you to be.

Sometimes in life when we look onto the horizon we may not have that clear, beautiful sunset staring back at us. Instead, we might have an image of hopelessness and despair. As a Military wife and mother of 4 children whose ages range from 2-17, I am familiar with the stresses life throws your way! My past horizons have not always been so bright. But they helped shape me into the woman I am today . Having survived being orphaned in the streets of Vietnam, domestic abuse, divorce , aftermath of abortion and even widowhood, I have learned to persevere and grab hold of my destiny, no matter what the cost! From these places of pain and trials, I have become a woman whose passion is to bring the gift of hope and encouragement to others through inspirational words, practical tips and advice.

No matter what your present horizon is, there is always hope for a better future. All things are possible when you allow yourself the opportunity to be all you were created to be. So, please come along for a journey where the destination is not always known but the trip itself is worth every bump in the road to get there.
Hope is just on the Horizon!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Big River, Little River. By Kimchi Blow


It is a lazy Saturday around my house today.  Of course, there are a ton of things that need to be done, but I have chosen to ignore them.  Sometimes that mindset just works for me!-LOL  I am recuperating after a long week!

This past week was  busy and one of the things that kept coming up for me was just "life" in general.  It is funny how the busyness of your day can get to be a bit overwhelming .  At certain moments throughout the week, I was able to successfully tap into God's graces and accomplish the tasks at hand with ease and victory.  However, there were other times, I struggled more then I would like to admit. If you are human, this is normal.

I bring this up because I think it is important for me to reflect on things in order to gain growth in my personal life.  I mean why keep trucking along in the same manner with life when you can drive another vehicle that gets you to the same destination with a lot more ease and comfort?  You know what I mean?

As I pondered this week, I realized a common denominator at the times I was challenged and quickly the LORD was showing me something.  It was not  NEW news but a simple reminder of what it takes to be victorious in Him. First of all, let me explain some of the things I struggled with.

One of the events was a simple doctor's appointment with my 3 children.  Normally for any one person, taking one child to the doctor could oppose a challenge but I had 3 together at one time.  Oh, and two of them were toddlers! Hello, enough said.   If you are a mother ,you get where I am coming from.  We had some melt downs and notice I say said "we." At certain times, my patience was tested and I failed. Not much more I can say on that one.

Another occurrence this week was just trying to stay balanced between body, soul and mind.  I say this because I think all three affect one another.  When I don't exercise and eat right, it makes my mind unclear because I feel sluggish and tired.  Just as when I don't take the time to feed my mind and  soul with time for God, they both takes a leap into directions that are not productive.  Anyways, you get my drift, right?

My point is this, I was failing to tap into God this week on ALL matters of daily life.  Sure it easy for us to tap into God on the high mountain tops and in the low valleys of life but in the mundane of everyday , it is not so easy.  I think for me, "I" get in the way with by habitual thinking and need to just make it through the day in "my" own strength. Instead of taking the time I need to pray through situations and even just "be still" at certain times. Life just takes over and I forget there is a God that there to help- Ahhhh, yes- Jehova!

God quickly reminded me that when Joshua crossed over the Jordan River(Joshua 3), it was important that He first consecrate himself and the Israelites. In other words,  preparing themselves spiritually and praying for God's strength, wisdom, etc.  Also, Joshua was told to take the Ark of God and go ahead of the people with it.  This was representing that God goes before us in everything we do.  Also, it was clearly stated in scripture(Joshua 3:8) that they were to "go stand" in the river.  In other words, we are called  at times to deal with the stresses of life and stand in our faith.  This of course can be a challenge in the everyday.   Lastly, I think it is awesome how the Ark of the God was kept in the river until ALL of the nation of Israel passed by.  Not one person was left and God was faithful to see everyone through. God was in the midst of their journey, with them the whole time! he is never too far away from us.

I love this reminder of scripture because no matter what our river represents for the day, big events or small daily mundane ones, God should be in the middle of it with us.  In fact, He should be put before us as we actually step into the rivers of life.  Meaning, taking the time for God in the morning and consecrating ourselves(preparing) for the days journey ahead.  Like I said, no NEW news but just GOOD NEWS!

What do your rivers look like daily?  Have you taken God before and with you as you stepped into the flowing daily rivers of life? At times, were you drowning or was God there to sustain the rushing waters?   Do the rushing waters sweep you away or do you allow God to stop the waters, so you may pass without feeling overwhelmed?

No matter what rivers(Big or small) you may face for the upcoming week, be sure and have God lead the way!

Have a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment