"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

Welcome to "Hope on the Horizon." This blog is created to be a resource that will help you become inspired, motivated, encouraged and transformed into the person God created you to be.

Sometimes in life when we look onto the horizon we may not have that clear, beautiful sunset staring back at us. Instead, we might have an image of hopelessness and despair. As a Military wife and mother of 4 children whose ages range from 2-17, I am familiar with the stresses life throws your way! My past horizons have not always been so bright. But they helped shape me into the woman I am today . Having survived being orphaned in the streets of Vietnam, domestic abuse, divorce , aftermath of abortion and even widowhood, I have learned to persevere and grab hold of my destiny, no matter what the cost! From these places of pain and trials, I have become a woman whose passion is to bring the gift of hope and encouragement to others through inspirational words, practical tips and advice.

No matter what your present horizon is, there is always hope for a better future. All things are possible when you allow yourself the opportunity to be all you were created to be. So, please come along for a journey where the destination is not always known but the trip itself is worth every bump in the road to get there.
Hope is just on the Horizon!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Work In Progress...by Kimchi Blow


Is it me, or is this year already flying by? Here it is, almost the middle of February and I can't believe spring will be here soon.  Time is a funny thing, you either pay attention to it or you don't. What is the old saying, "Time flies by when you are having fun!" How true that is!

This past week, I felt like I was not as productive as I normally try to be.  For instance, I have been trying to keep myself faithful to my writing projects this year  so that I can accomplish some things for the Lord.  Of course, I am a mother of four children, three of which are  still at home.  So, there is not a lot of time for writing in my day, or at least as much as I wish.   I have to discipline myself to write when I can because if you are a writer, you know that writing doesn't just happen, you must make it happen!... No excuses-LOL!

I had been doing this by keeping an accountability sheet so that I could be responsible to the craft whenever time presented itself. I had a goal of at least 30 minutes a day.   In order for me to do this, I have to cut out what I call "Time Gremlins" out of my day.  For instance, tv, naps, computers, phone, etc.  Believe me, cutting naps out of my day is a sacrifice because next to chocolate, naps is at the top of my list of things I enjoy and even look forward to.

Anyways, up until this week, I had been doing fairly well with keeping up with my goals, etc. When I looked back on my week, I saw how I slacked back a bit.  Now don't get me wrong here, I know I am not perfect and there will be days when no matter what I do , I won''t be able to always accomplish my goals. The point is having a goal to begin with.  However, we should always be willing to work towards those goals with perseverance ,purpose and focus. To be honest with you, I am confessing that this past week, I slacked big time!  I started falling back to some old habits, one of them is not putting God first this week.  I am blogging this right now as  just a simple accountability reminder to myself and  hopefully for you , it will be an encouragement as you start out your week too.

Announcement.... we are all a work in progress.  From glory to glory is what God is working in each of us.  We can't do this thing called life on our own.  I have noticed that when I don't give God the time in the beginning of my day to prepare me for my day, I don't have what it takes to be successful.   Of course, I have been foolish enough in the  past to take on the day , with  all the challenges by myself.  However,  I would quickly find myself stressed out and beat up by the end of the day. Left wondering what truck just hit me!   When that happened, I was no good for anyone  including my readers who happen to read what I might have written in the little time I pushed myself to write. I can tell the difference when I allow God to write through me verses "me" writing.

My point is this, when we understand we are a work in progress then we realize GOD is the one doing the work in us and through us. We must be willing to be processed, giving Him the room to work in our lives daily.   I love this concept because it frees me to think I have to be perfect.   God  is always there willing to lend a helping hand.  This past week, I was not not so gracious in handing those reigns over. The day would begin like a horse bolting out at the starting line. The gun goes off and off I galloped.  Sure, the goals were there, but the goal of Christ was lost at the start.  We must discipline ourselves with God as the first fruit we give in the day! I am thankful for the gentle reminders that God allows us to see our strengths and weaknesses.  Again, I am a work being perfected in His time and His way! I love that He is SO patient with me. 

Before this week, I had been faithful to give God my day and the glory in the end.   I find peace in knowing that I don't have to be perfect , instead, just be perfected by the ONE who is perfect and who is in the business of perfecting! We must run the race set before us with a goal in mind but run our race with steadiness and focus. Keeping our eyes on the true prize, Christ!

As you go through this week , keep your eyes fixed on your earthly goals, but make sure the ultimate goal is Christ. Without Him first, there will be no victory. I hope to see you all at the finish line, I will be the one at the refreshment stand !

Keep Persevering -:)

No comments:

Post a Comment