"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

Welcome to "Hope on the Horizon." This blog is created to be a resource that will help you become inspired, motivated, encouraged and transformed into the person God created you to be.

Sometimes in life when we look onto the horizon we may not have that clear, beautiful sunset staring back at us. Instead, we might have an image of hopelessness and despair. As a Military wife and mother of 4 children whose ages range from 2-17, I am familiar with the stresses life throws your way! My past horizons have not always been so bright. But they helped shape me into the woman I am today . Having survived being orphaned in the streets of Vietnam, domestic abuse, divorce , aftermath of abortion and even widowhood, I have learned to persevere and grab hold of my destiny, no matter what the cost! From these places of pain and trials, I have become a woman whose passion is to bring the gift of hope and encouragement to others through inspirational words, practical tips and advice.

No matter what your present horizon is, there is always hope for a better future. All things are possible when you allow yourself the opportunity to be all you were created to be. So, please come along for a journey where the destination is not always known but the trip itself is worth every bump in the road to get there.
Hope is just on the Horizon!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rays of Sunshine…..By Kimchi Blow


“We love because He first loved us”  1 John 4:19


There are so many moments throughout the day that can so easily pass us by. Here lately, the Lord has been having me slow down a bit to enjoy just a few.  Thankfully, today at the park I was able to watch my two toddlers playing joyfully.   While there, I experienced a moment that took my breath away and I wanted to capture it in my mind forever.  After running around chasing her brother for what seemed like hours, my two year old daughter, all of a sudden stopped with her face towards the sunshine. It was like a scene from a movie where all I could see was her. Time seemed to stand still around me.  With her face towards the sunlight, I could see her amazing features. Her skin appeared perfect like a porcelain doll, while strands of her golden blond hair blew gently across her face.  The rays of light hit her striking blue eyes in just the right places and they danced with delight. Then slowly, she closed her eyes and gently tilted her head toward the sky. It was as if God had taken His hand under her chin and gently lifted it towards Him. Peace exuded from within her. She stood there with a smile enjoying the warmth of the sun on her face and wind through her hair. All I could do was hold my breath. I walked over to her and just held her, kissing her sweet face.  Immediately, I thanked God for the moment.  It was a moment to cherish, a moment to love, a moment to thank, a moment worth living for!


I walked away from the park overwhelmingly changed somehow. Why did this moment touch me so intensely? Why did I feel a stirring deep within? Why did I want to just stop time right there and not move another second forward? Why? As I pondered these things, I even began to pray and seek God for the answer.  And then it hit me and I was moved even more profoundly than I was watching my daughter. It became so apparent to me that God was giving me a picture of how He stops and cherishes me like that throughout everyday!
May you feel His love for you today and everyday.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful mental picture you've given me. Thanks, again, Kim.

    ReplyDelete